Wednesday, July 20, 2011

PB Cookies for Lilly

Our niece, Lilly, happened to tell me that her favorite kind of cookie is peanut butter, so when she came to visit a few weekends ago I was determined to have some yummy ones ready for her. They are now my favorite peanut butter cookie of all time, and I think Lilly liked them, too. While some prefer a crisp texture, I like mine soft and chewy. My "The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook" provided the perfect base to which I added a couple of yummy extras.

Peanut Butter Cookies
2 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 c. (2 sticks) softened butter
1 c. light brown sugar
1 c. sugar
1 c. extra-crunchy peanut butter (we only had creamy on hand, so that's what I used)
2 tsp. vanilla
2 large eggs
Mix-ins: I used 3/4 c. mini Reese's Pieces candy and 3/4 c. peanut butter chips. Deeelish.

Preheat oven to 350. Whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Beat butter and sugars together on medium speed until ligt and fluffy, 3-6 minutes. Beat in peanut butter until fully incorporated. Beat in vanilla and eggs, scraping down bowl as needed. Reduce speed to low, and slowly mix in flour mixture until fully combined. Stir in candy and chips, or whatever mix-ins you prefer. Drop dough by tablespoons onto greased or parchment-lined baking sheets and bake until the edges are golden brown, approximately 10-12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment