Sunday, May 15, 2011

PB Cream Cheese Brownies . . . Finally

So, I apologize for taking SOOO long to get this recipe posted. I actually made the brownies a while ago, but haven't had much of a chance to post the recipe yet. I'm sure you've all been waiting on pins and needles just dying to know . . . ;) Anyway, the brownies turned out really well - very tasty and moist. As far as my own preference goes, though, I think I prefer brownies with peanut butter frosting instead. However, this was a really nice change of pace.

Sidenote: the peanut butter/cream cheese filling makes a lot - I like a pretty even balance of chocolate and peanut butter, but if you prefer less, I think it would work beautifully to double the brownie portion and put it in a 10x15 pan instead of 9x13.

Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Brownies
For the brownie batter, I used Nigella Lawson's "Everyday Brownie" recipe that I found on foodnetwork.com - you can find the recipe here. Feel free to use your favorite brownie recipe, or a box mix. I love Nigella's recipe because I always have the ingredients on hand, and they're really yummy.

*Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x13 pan. Prepare favorite brownie batter and pour into greased pan.

Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Filling
1 8 oz. pkg. softened cream cheese
3/4 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs

Beat cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth and creamy. Beat in sugar and eggs. Pour filling in 3 even lines lengthwise down the brownie batter in the pan. Use a knife to gently swirl the batter and filling widthwise so there's peanut butter and brownie in each bite. Bake at 350 F for 25-30 minutes. Eat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment