Oreo Pudding Poke Cake (original recipe here)
Chocolate Cake (adapted slightly from this recipe)
1 c. sugar
1 c. flour
1/3 c. cocoa powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 in. square cake pan.
2. Whisk together all ingredients except boiling water, until thoroughly combined.
3. Slowly whisk in water until incorporated, then beat for 2 minutes. Batter will be thin.
4. Pour into prepared pan and bake 28-30 minutes.
5. Allow to cool for a few minutes while you make the pudding.
**You can also use a chocolate cake mix - just bake according to the package directions in a 9x13 pan, and double the pudding part below.
1 pkg. Oreo pudding (4 oz.)
2 c. cold milk
1. Whisk together 1 minute. Let sit 2 minutes to thicken slightly.
2. Poke holes with the handle of a wooden spoon about 1/2-1 inch apart all over cake. Pour pudding over cake and spread to edges.
3. Allow to cool a little before placing the cake in the fridge to set up. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
4. You can crush some Oreos for the top if you want, which I did, and I also drizzled some hot fudge over it - mm, mm, good.
|Poke holes . . .|
|Pour pudding . . .|
|Spread pudding . . .|
|Accessorize . . .|
On a Side Note: It was gorgeous outside today - I'm talking upper 60s and sunny! We got out the table and chairs, Asher's basketball hoop, the bats, the balls . . . we may have jumped the gun since I'm sure we'll be in for colder weather, but we couldn't resist! I can't wait for spring/summer when the boys can run wild outside. Also, both boys have had nasty coughs and ear infections, so for the past week this is what I've been dealing with every day, every time he's not being held . . .