For this recipe, I used a combination of these cookies and these cookies, and added a little spin of my own by rolling the cookies in hot cocoa/powdered sugar before baking. They were a hit in our household - Dusty loved them, and the boys kept asking for them . . . It probably doesn't hurt that there's half a marshmallow right on top! The cookies are soft, chewy, and fudgy and sure to please a chocolate-lover. I hope you like them as much as we do!
Hot Cocoa Cookies
1 pkg. brownie mix (dry)
1 1/4 c. flour
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. butter, melted
2 Tbls water
2 packets hot cocoa mix
1/4 c. powdered sugar
large marshmallows (about 10)
chocolate bars (probably 2 or 3; cut into about 1 inch pieces)
1. Mix together brownie mix, flour, sugar, butter, eggs, and water until a stiff dough forms. Refrigerate 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 350, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Mix together hot cocoa mix and powdered sugar. Drop dough by heaping Tbls. into mixture and roll until covered. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cut each marshmallow in half, and stick a piece of chocolate on the bottoms. When cookies come out of the oven, gently press marshmallow/chocolate into the center and continue baking 4-5 minutes.
5. Eat warm for an ooey-gooey treat, or allow to cool.
Hugs and cookies,