Thursday, September 08, 2011

5 Things I Love About My Boys Right Now

Lately, I've been feeling very thankful for our two wonderful little boys. With the school year having started back up and Dusty back to work, I was a little concerned as to how I would again handle the boys full time on my own. It was just the idea of settling back into a routine now that Asher is Mr. Energy all the time, and Aiden is becoming Mr. Frustrated watching his brother run around but not quite able to figure out how he can do that yet. Anyway, they've both been so good and so much fun at these ages and stages. That's not to say there haven't been difficult days, but overall they're little sweethearts. So, here are 5 things I am loving about them right now:

1. I love that after Aiden goes to bed at night, Asher likes to sit between Mommy and Daddy on the couch and watch "Wipeout" . . . which he pronounces "Wipe-ey-out" - so stinkin' cute!
All smiles on his birthday
2. I love that after every  nap, even if he wakes up bawling, Aiden has the biggest, sweetest smile for me when I go in to get him.
Probably getting another tooth . . . he's always chomping on something
3. I love that Aiden is all smiles for his big brother and thinks he is the most fun kid ever.
Asher giving Aiden a kiss (at my request) while they play with Dusty's old action figures
4. I love that the first thing Asher says after his nap is "Where Aiden?"
Asher's "where's something?" face
5. I love, love, love how excited they both get when Dusty gets home from work - Asher has a huge intake of breath when he hears the door, yells "DADDY!" and runs to him; Aiden just sits (because of course that's all he can do right now) and waits for Dusty to come play with him, but then gets super excited, laughs, and grabs at Dusty's face and hair. My favorite part of every day.
Caught right before he was about to blink - he's impossible to time right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment