White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Bars (slightly adapted)
3/4 c. butter or margerine
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
1 Tbls. vanilla
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 c. chopped macadamia nuts
1 c. white chocolate chips
1 tsp. shortening
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 13x9 pan.
2. Microwave butter until melted, and stir in brown sugar until thoroughly incorporated.
3. Beat in vanilla and eggs.
4. Stir in flour, baking powder, macadamia nuts, and 3/4 c. white chocolate chips just until incorporated.
5. Spread in greased pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature.
6. Melt remaining 1/4 c. of chips with the shortening and pour into resealable plastic bag. Snip corner and drizzle over the bars in whatever pattern you choose. (If you don't feel like doing this, just mix all the chips into the batter.)
The original recipe can be found here.
On a side note: Aiden's working really hard on his top teeth, which has caused him to start attacking us again to try to chew on our chins . . . Case in point below.
|Trying to find a good angle . . .|
|Going in for the kill: "Oooo Mom's cheek - this is perfect!"|
(Usually it just kind of tickles, but he actually bit my cheek with his
gums and bottom two teeth here . . . it hurt!)
|Mommy explaining that it's not very nice to bite people's faces. :) He took it well.|