Brown Sugar Cookies
14 Tbls. butter
2 c. dark brown sugar (I used light)
1/4 c. granulated sugar
2 c. plus 2 Tbls. flour
1/2 tsp.baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg yolk
1 Tbls. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350. Mix 1/4 c. of brown sugar and the granulated sugar in a shallow dish and set aside.
2. Brown butter over medium-high heat until its a dark golden brown color - approximately 5-6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool slightly.
3. Add remaining 1 3/4 c. brown sugar and salt to the butter and mix, then stir in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until everything is thoroughly incorporated.
4. Add the flour, soda, powder, and salt and stir until just combined.
5. Roll tablespoons of dough in sugar mixture and place on parchment-lined or greased baking sheets and bake 12-14 minutes. Don't overbake so they stay nice and chewy!
On a Side Note: We're trying to break Aiden of the habit of waking up during the night . . . he cried for half an hour last night and it was rough. We're all lacking sleep right now. He's totally getting into music, though, and starts bopping along if he hears an upbeat song and sees us and/or Asher dancing. Asher's into gummy bears right now, but he can't seem to remember what they're called so when he asks for some he either says "honey bears" or "money bears." I get a kick out of it every time!
|Asher "helping" put in the patio - those pics to come with the next post.|
|Look at that sweet little face! Hopefully his night-waking |
ends soon because it's horrible to hear him cry!