Cinnamon Swirl Whole-Wheat Banana Bread
3 very ripe bananas, mashed up (a heaping cup)
1/3 c. unsweetened applesauce
2/3 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. white whole wheat flour (feel free to sub. regular whole wheat flour, or white flour if you'd like)
1/2 Tbls. cinnamon
1/4 c. sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
2. Thoroughly mix bananas, applesauce, sugar, egg, vanilla, soda, and salt.
3. Fold in flour until just combined - your batter should still have lumps in it.
4. Mix together cinnamon swirl ingredients.
5. Spread half the batter in your prepared pan, and sprinkle evenly with your cinnamon-sugar mixture. (If you want, you can reserve some and sprinkle it over the top before you bake it.) Evenly spread the remaining batter over the cinnamon-sugar.
6. Bake 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Make a double batch and freeze one or give to a friend!
Hugs and cookies,