Thursday, August 23, 2012

Cleverness Doesn't Always Work Out

When we found out I was pregnant with Baby #3, we had just seen both of our families and I knew we wouldn't be seeing them soon enough to tell them in person. So, I was bound and determined to figure out a clever way to tell them the news, other than letting them know by phone.

Here's what I came up with: I emailed all of our immediate family members, and all the message said was, "Look closely at this picture . . . "


And then we waited for a phone call or a response email . . . or SOMETHING. And we waited. And we waited. Nobody got it. I had to keep giving hints until finally I said, "Did you read what's on their shirts?!" And then people started getting it.

We tried it out on my sister and brother-in-law when they came to visit because I wanted to see how it went over; I put both the boys in these shirts after church. Brother-in-law didn't notice, and sister assumed Aiden was wearing a hand-me-down from Asher (which is actually true, but not the point). :) But we all figured everyone would get it with the caption I put with the picture.

Here I thought to myself, "What a fun way to break the news! We'll be getting excited phone calls within a couple hours for sure!" It was an epic fail. Oh well, at least it'll be fun to reminisce about it!

In case you missed it, here's How I Broke the News to My Hubby.

1 comment:

  1. I did the same thing with #2 and when she was born, there were still people who were surprised.

    ReplyDelete