Wednesday, August 15, 2012

How I Broke the News of Baby #3 to My Hubby

Baby #3 was semi-planned, but came a lot more quickly than we were expecting. So one Saturday morning we were all on the main floor of the house picking/cleaning up and waiting for my sister and brother-in-law who were coming later that afternoon.

I snuck a pregnancy test in while Dusty was doing dishes, and . . . Remember this DIY gift I gave him for Valentine's Day?

Well, I made use of it to tell him I was pregnant:


I hastily scribbled it on there and waited until he noticed. I think his exact response was, "NUH-UH! Are you serious?!" He was elated and disbelieving at the same time - neither of us expected it. I definitely had fun breaking the news to him, but it took some patience because I wanted to blurt it out instead of waiting for him to notice I had written something different on the frame. Luckily, I didn't have to wait too long. ;)

How have you broken baby news to your partner?

No comments:

Post a Comment