Friday, September 14, 2012

Butterscotch Pudding Triple Chip Cookies

I am a recipe-a-holic. I can't help myself. If I see a recipe for something that looks and sounds delicious (usually some type of cake/cookie/bar) I have to save it. I do that even if I already have a similar recipe that I love. Apparently the adage "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" doesn't apply to my recipe collection.

So . . . 

Even though I have this Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe that's my all-time favorite, I couldn't resist trying these Butterscotch Pudding Triple Chip Cookies. And oh am I glad I did!

They're so good. They're especially good if you love soft, cake-like cookies. The butterscotch pudding keeps them so, so soft, and gives them a flavor different enough from traditional chocolate chip cookies to make them special. And you can't go wrong with three different types of chips in there, either! 

They don't take long to whip together and are sturdy enough to travel if you're driving in the car or want to take them to a friend. Yummmmm . . .

Butterscotch Pudding Triple Chip Cookies (recipe adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod)
1 c. softened butter
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. sugar
1 pkg. butterscotch instant pudding mix
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
3 1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. white chocolate chips
3/4 c. butterscotch chips
3/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease a cookie sheet.
2. Beat together butter, both sugars, and pudding mix until thoroughly combined.
3. Scrape down bowl and beat in eggs, vanilla, salt, and baking soda.
4. Scrape down bowl again, and stir in flour until almost combined.
5. Add all three chips and mix until just combined.
6. Drop by Tbls. onto prepared baking sheet and bake 8-10 minutes, or until light golden brown around the edges.




These are delicious warm out of the oven, but don't worry, they're just as delicious when they're cool!

Hugs and cookies,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment