Thursday, September 06, 2012

No-Bake Biscoff Granola Bars

If you're looking for an easy treat to fix for your kiddos (and let's face it, who isn't), I think you'll absolutely love this recipe! It's kid and adult friendly, and can be adapted to fit your tastes really easily.

My boys love granola bars, and I've been searching for an easy recipe that I could whip up for them. I wanted them to be chewy vs. crunchy because it's easier for them to eat . . . And to be honest, that's what I prefer too, and it's inevitable that I'll be snacking on these too. :)

The recipe calls for Biscoff spread, which has the consistency of peanut butter, but the flavor is totally different. I've been seeing it pretty regularly at Walmart, Hy-Vee, and Target, so hopefully you can find it on your shopping shelves. If not, I'd substitute peanut butter. Feel free to sprinkle some chocolate chips on top, or stir in some dried fruit or nuts if you want. I stuck to the recipe as-is, minus the chocolate chips and chopped Biscoff cookies because the boys hold it in their hands and then it melts and then it gets on everything and then I have to clean it up (that wasn't a run-on sentence or anything was it?).

If I was making them for myself, I'd definitely add chocolate because I'm a chocoholic. But they're delicious without it, too - they're easy to store, and easy to bring on trips which is an added bonus!

No-Bake Biscoff Granola Bars (original recipe can be found here)
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. honey
1/4 c. Biscoff spread
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. quick oats
1 c. rice krispies
1. Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper.
2. Place butter, brown sugar, honey, and Biscoff in a medium saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until boiling. Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, oats, and krispies. Spread in prepared pan and allow to cool before cutting.
*If you're traveling, wrap individual granola bars in plastic wrap to make it easy to pass out to the kiddos.


Hugs and cookies,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment