Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Funfetti Rice Krispies Treats

Are you getting tired of Funfetti yet? I didn't think so, I just had to check. Such a versatile mix and so fun to work with! Remember this yummy stuff? And these that are still a family favorite? Mmmm, Funfetti . . .

Once you have kids, you can't really let them go through life without some good ol' rice krispies treats, right? Right. And I'm certainly not one to turn up my nose at them either. They're probably one of the most nostalgia-filled treats you can eat. Didn't everyone eat these growing up? I know I knocked down a few in my day!

I craved them fairly regularly when I was pregnant with Aiden, and quickly remembered how addicting they are. I just told myself after eating about half the pan that they're really not that bad for me . . . Marshmallows and cereal? Nah, it's basically healthy - or not. But still, delicious.

This version has a fun twist - you stir in some Funfetti dry cake mix into the melted marshmallows before you stir it into the cereal, and you get (if possible) an even more addicting treat! The cake mix flavor isn't overwhelming, but it definitely adds a nice touch, and you can never go wrong with adding sprinkles - especially if you're serving these to kids. These would be perfect for a birthday party, too, fun and festive.

Funfetti Rice Krispies Treats (original can be found here)
3 Tbls. margerine
1 10 oz. bag marshmallows
1/2 c. dry Funfetti cake mix (if you only have white or yellow, that'll work, too)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. butter flavoring, optional
3 Tbls. sprinkles, optional
6 c. rice krispies
1. Pour rice krispies into a large bowl and set aside.
2. Melt margerine in a large sauce pan over med.-low heat.
3. Stir in marshmallows and continue stirring until completely smooth. Add in cake mix a little at a time to avoid lumps.
4. Stir in vanilla and butter flavoring, then pour over cereal. Stir until completely coated, then stir in 2 Tbls. sprinkles.
5. Spread evenly in a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle remaining 1 Tbls. sprinkles over top and press lightly with your hand. Allow to cool (if you can resist) before cutting.




Hugs and cookies,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment