Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Baby Story: The First Trimester

That's right, folks! Baby Reese #3 is due January 30, 2013! So, in my case, that probably means I'll be a week overdue and have to be induced. :) We're super excited and, frankly, a tad nervous to add another one to the mix. Asher will be about 3 1/2 when baby comes, and Aiden will just have turned 2 - so we'll be kept on our toes, that's for sure.
13 weeks
I'm 13 weeks today! The biggest difference I've noticed with this pregnancy vs. the other two is that I started to show a lot sooner . . . At least to myself. I tend to dislike the first trimester for a variety of reasons:
1) We don't really tell anyone other than family until the first trimester is over in case of miscarriage, and I'm always impatient to share the news;
2) I have morning sickness which consists of nausea which comes frequently at all times of the day (still no vomiting);
3) I just look like I'm gaining weight and it's uncomfortable and unattractive.

I realize that last one is pretty very superficial, but it's uncomfortable when your clothes don't fit right and you feel like they should. But, like I said, I seem to be showing earlier with this one, so hopefully I won't have to wait until week 20 to actually feel like I look preg-o. Minor details, I know. :)

The nausea has abated for the most part, now, but I really hate when it comes. The best way I can describe it (and maybe I've said this before) is as follows: You know the day after you've had the stomach flu? You feel a million times better, and actually start craving food again because your stomach feels completely empty. So you eat something, but it doesn't really help, or at least not for very long. That's what my morning sickness feels like. I feel nauseous, but with a completely empty stomach, even if it's not. So, I'll eat something hoping it helps, and it usually does for 10-20 minutes, but then I feel crappy again. Thank goodness it hasn't lasted the entire pregnancy for me, yet. I feel so bad for the women who have morning sickness the whole 9 months!

So far, so good, though! I got to hear baby's heartbeat at my appointment last week (it was 160) and that's always such a huge relief! My doctor always says it's not uncommon to not be able to hear it at 12 weeks and it doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong; but, we've heard it with both the boys so I was extremely anxious as she moved around my uterus trying to find the heartbeat . . . trying to find the heartbeat . . . trying to find the heartbeat . . . THERE IT IS! Nice and strong. Thank you, God.

I'll keep plan to keep y'all up-to-date throughout this pregnancy on feelings (physical and mental), how baby's doing, and how the boys are doing - or if they're even aware of what's going on! Praying this pregnancy, labor, and delivery go as well as the first two did!

4 comments:

  1. You never look unattractive!!!!! You are a beautiful lady inside and out. I am praying you keep feeling well and that all goes well. So happy for all of you!!!! Great Auntie Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I don't think you look like you're gaining weight at all!:) You look amazing with your little belly! I can't wait to read all about your updates, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! What exciting news!

    XOXO

    d'Arty

    ReplyDelete