These were so good I made them twice within a week's time, with a slight variation. The first time, I made them with Hershey's bars as the recipe calls for, the second with Reese's PB cups. Both were delicious Mmmmm, yummy.
I apologize that there aren't any pictures!!! Apparently they were so good that I never got any . . . If you follow the link to the original recipe, she has great pictures of what they look like. So sorry about that! I could have sworn I took some. Weird, but not surprising . . . at least for me. I had to post the recipe anyway because it really is a winner!
S'mores Bars (original recipe can be found here)
3/4 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. sugar
1/3 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. + 2 Tbls. flour
1 1/4 c. graham cracker crumbs
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
6 regular Hershey's bars or 16 Reese's PB cups
1 jar of marshmallow creme
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 pan.
2. Beat butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt approximately 3 minutes on medium speed.
3. Add flour and graham cracker crumbs and mix until combined.
4. Divide dough in half and spread one half in the bottom of the pan - it will be a thin layer.
5. Place the chocolate evenly over the top, then spread with marshmallow creme.
6. Take remaining dough and roll it between two pieces of waxed paper until it is a 9x13 rectangle. Peel off the top layer, then place the dough on top of marshmallow creme and gently peel off the bottom layer.
7. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool before cutting . . . Or just dig in and experience gooey, delicious, s'more messiness.
Here's what kept the boys busy today . . .
These are the times I'll remember most when they're older!
Hugs and cookies,