Saturday, December 22, 2012

12 Days of Goodies: Day 11 - Better-Than-Mounds Bars

Usually during my Christmas baking I make chocolate dipped coconut macaroons, but this year I didn't feel like scooping out the individual cookies, baking them, then dipping them. However, my youngest brother loves those cookies, so I knew I still wanted to make something with chocolate and coconut.

These bars are easy. They are chewy. They have chocolate and coconut. They. Are. Amazingly delicious. They're one of those bars that I could keep eating and eating despite how full I feel. Dangerous, I know. But seriously, they come together so quickly and are so yummy - you won't be disappointed.

Better-Than-Mounds Bars (original recipe can be found here)
1 3/4 c. graham cracker crumbs
1/2 c. butter, melted
1/3 c. sugar
7 oz. sweetened flaked coconut
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2-2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips (depending on how chocolate-y you want them)
1 Tbls. peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line a 9x13 pan with foil, and grease it.
2. With a fork, mix together graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar. Evenly and firmly press into pan. Bake 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, stir together coconut and condensed milk. Carefully spread over baked crust, and place back in the oven to bake 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
4. Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter together, and spread over cooled bars. Place in the fridge for 1/2 an hour to set up.


Hugs and cookies,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment