Toffee Apple Pie Cookies (original recipe can be found here)
1/2 c. softened butter
1/2 c. shortening
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 2/3 c. flour
1 c. graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 c. finely chopped apple (I used Granny Smith)
1 c. toffee pieces (not chocolate covered)
1/2 c. white chocolate chips
1 tsp. vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Cream together butter, shortening, and sugars.
3. Add in eggs, vanilla, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and beat again.
4. Stir in flour and graham cracker crumbs until just combined, then stir in the apple and toffee pieces.
5. Drop dough by Tbls. onto prepared sheets and bake 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool.
6. Melt white chocolate with vegetable oil, and use a fork to drizzle over the cookies. Allow the chocolate to harden before storing.
Hugs and cookies,