S'more Cookie Bars
11 Tbls. softened butter
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 1/2 c. flour
1 c. mini marshmallows
1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 (or more if desired) chocolate bars, each broken into 12 pieces
12 whole graham crackers
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line 2 9x13 pans with the graham crackers. (Pack them together tightly; Mine filled about 1 1/2 pans.)
2. Cream butter and sugars on med.-high for 2 minutes. Scrape down bowl.
3. Add eggs, vanilla, soda, salt, and cinnamon and beat again for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in flour until just combined, then stir in marshmallows and chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour. *Don't skip this step or your dough will spread too much and make a mess.
5. Spoon about 2 Tbls. of dough onto each graham cracker square and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and press 1 chocolate piece into each cookie. Return to oven for an addition 8-10 minutes, or until light golden brown on top, and the edges are slightly darker brown.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting, otherwise you'll have a gooey mess . . . which isn't always a bad thing :)
|These are right out of the oven - you can see they aren't quite set, |
and the chocolate still looks melted and shiny.