Saturday, December 17, 2011

12 Days of Goodies - Day 9: Buckeye Pretzel Bites

I think I've said this a million times by now: peanut butter & chocolate - you can't go wrong. So I would be extremely remiss if I didn't include a treat with those combined ingredients. I love peanut butter balls, but these were nice because I could hold onto the pretzel and dip it in chocolate instead of fussing with forks, toothpicks, and other devices to help dip things in chocolate. It wasn't nearly as messy, and after eating one Dusty said: "Those are really good and extremely addictive." So that's a win in my book!
When I looked at the recipe, I was worried that with the brown sugar in the filling it would feel really grainy and be unappealing, but with the crunch and salt on the pretzel, you really don't notice it and it all works well together. The only thing I might do differently next time is increase the powdered sugar to 1 c. to make the filling a little stiffer. This is a must-try for PB/chocolate lovers, so I think my sister Hannah will especially like these. :) Hope you give them a try! You can see the original recipe here.

Buckeye Pretzel Bites
1 c. creamy peanut butter
2 Tbls. softened butter
1/2 c. powdered sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
Pretzels
1 12 oz. bag of chocolate chips (I used a combination of chocolate chips and chocolate bark, and it worked well.)
1. Beat peanut butter and butter together until thoroughly combined.
2. Add sugars and beat until well mixed. Add more powdered sugar if needed, to form into balls.
3. Place pretzels on a waxed paper lined baking sheet, and top with approximately 1 tsp. of peanut butter filling. Press another pretzel on top of the filling, and place in the freezer for about 1 hour.
4. Melt chocolate in the microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes, stirring after each 30 second interval, or until smooth.
5. Dip half of the pretzel in chocolate and place back on the waxed paper to cool. Place the pan in the refrigerator for 1/2 an hour to set chocolate.


No comments:

Post a Comment