Friday, December 16, 2011

12 Days of Goodies - Day 8: Cashew Brittle Bars

Remember a while ago when I made the Salty Caramel Peanut Brittle Bars? Well, they were a hit, and as I said, I thought it would be delicious with white chocolate and cashews for a special occasion. So I changed up the recipe for Christmas, and these are just as delicious. We loooove cashews in my family, especially my dad and grandpa, so I'm hoping these go over well, too. If you're not a fan of white chocolate, just use whatever you like best.

Cashew Brittle Bars
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz.) sugar cookie mix
1/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. cold butter, cubed
2 c. salted cashews
1 c. white chocolate chips
1 jar (12 oz.) caramel ice cream topping
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease 10x15 pan.
2. Reserve 3 T. of cookie mix, and combine the rest with the brown sugar. Cut in butter with pastry cutter or two knives, until crumbly. Press evenly in the bottom of the pan and bake for 15-18 minutes.
3. Remove crust from oven and immediately sprinkle with peanuts and chocolate chips.
4. Heat caramel in the microwave for approximately 1 minute - just until drizzling consistency. Stir in reserved cookie mix, and drizzle even over bars. 
5. Sprinkle with sea salt and bake for 12-14 minutes or until caramel is bubbly. Let cool to room temperature before cutting. 



For a nicer presentation, I would trim the borders of the bars around the
pan and then cut into squares. Added bonus: you then get to eat the edges . . . which I did. All of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment