Thursday, December 01, 2011

A Salty Sweet Treat to End Your Week

I was introduced to the website Pinterest not too long ago, and now I'm totally hooked! On the website you create "boards" that basically serve as places to keep all those things you find on the internet, but aren't sure how to remember them . . . That's why our "Favorites" bar is full of recipes I want to try - I think it's kind of annoying for Dusty to filter through them all to find the few he's put there. :) So now when I find a recipe, craft idea, new workout, DIY project, cute outfit - or ANYthing, I can "pin it" to one of my boards. The other cool thing is that you can see what everyone else is "pinning," too. And that, my friends, is where I found this recipe. A chocolate chip cookie dough base with pretzels, PB chips, and milk chocolate chips . . . they were really yummy! The original recipe can be found here, but since she said her cookies didn't spread much, I decided to use a different base.

Pretzel Cookies with Chocolate and PB Chips
1/2 c. melted butter
1/2 c. softened butter
1 c. brown sugar
2/3 c. white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3 1/2 c. flour
1 c. roughly chopped pretzels
1 c. PB chips
1 1/2 - 2 c. milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Beat melted and softened butter to combine, then add sugars and beat until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
3. Add vanilla, eggs, soda, and salt, and beat another 2-3 minutes.
4. Stir in flour until almost combined, then with mixer running, pour in pretzels and both chips until just combined.
5. Drop dough by tablespoon onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until light golden brown. Allow to cool, and enjoy!
The pretzels stay surprising crunchy in the cookies for a couple days, and it's a nice change from regular chocolate chip cookies. The dough is also highly addictive, so beware! I'm not suggesting you eat it, with the raw eggs and all, but I can't ever help myself . . . I think pregnancy has been the hardest 18-20 months of my life since I couldn't eat the dough and make cookies out of it. ;) If you're looking for a safe alternative, just substitute about 1/2 c. of milk for the eggs and have at it!

Highly addictive - I'm warning you again!
You can see mine are a little underdone in the middles, but that's
how I like them - leave yours in a few minutes longer if you don't.
Deliciousness.
On a Side Note: IT'S OFFICIALLY DECEMBER!!! The Christmas season is upon us, and I love  it! We picked out our Christmas tree yesterday and are picking it up on Saturday - Asher is soooo excited. He loves Christmas trees, and we can't wait to decorate it with him. Aiden (aka Mr. Mischief) is a different story . . . we'll see how he does with it - we might not be able to have any lights or decorations on the bottom foot of the tree. :) I'll try to post some pics after it's all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment