Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Crowd-Pleasing Pulled Pork

I love crockpot meals - especially ones that require few ingredients and are simple to put together. Enter this pulled pork recipe. Every time I've made this it has gotten rave reviews.

The best part is that it's really versatile . . . Or maybe the best part is that it's so easy . . . Or maybe that it freezes well . . . Or maybe that Asher ate almost his whole sandwich without complaining once . . . Or maybe I can't decide what the best part is!

It's just a great recipe. I've even used frozen chicken breast in place of the pork and it was just as delicious.

Crockpot Pulled Pork (original recipe can be found here)
2 1/2-3 1/2 lb. boneless pork shoulder or pork butt
1 1/2 Tbls. paprika
1/2 Tbls. garlic powder
1/2 Tbls. ground mustard
1 Tbls. kosher salt
2 Tbls. brown sugar

1. Mix together all ingredients except for pork.
2. Place pork in crockpot and rub seasoning all over it. Sprinkle on any remaining seasoning.
3. Cook on high 4-6 hours, or on low 8-10 hours.
4. Shred before eating. Serve on buns.


 It's so easy to shred - it almost falls apart on its own

Barbecue sauce and shredded cheddar cheese

Wow, look how much I love it! ;)

Here are some serving ideas:
*Sprinkle on some cheese
*Drizzle with barbecue sauce
*Top with coleslaw (totally yummy)
*Serve on top of baked potatoes instead of buns with sour cream, shredded cheese, and barbecue sauce.

Honestly, this is such an easy meal - I've made it for birthday parties, moving days, weeknights, etc. As I said, it even freezes well! And, you can adjust the seasonings to your liking. Sometimes after I've shredded it I decide it needs more brown sugar, so I just add it in at the end. Hope you give it a try and enjoy it as much as we do!

Happy Cooking!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment