Friday, May 25, 2012

No-Bake Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Bars

These. Are. Delicious. And I mean deadly delicious. They only require six ingredients, most or all of which you probably have on hand - I love recipes like that! And they don't require the oven; I think it's necessary to have an arsenal of no-bake treats for those brutally hot days when you can't bear to turn on the oven, yet need something delicious to eat. Add this recipe to your arsenal.

If you don't have all the ingredients, run to the store and grab what you need. I mean that literally. Run. You'll need to burn off some calories that you'll soon be eating after you finish making these bars. But have no fear, if you don't feel like running to the store, you'll feel like jumping for joy and running around the house in undisguised glee after you taste these gems. So you can burn off calories that way. :) You're welcome . . . Or maybe I should say I'm sorry instead. Hmm, I'll let you decide.

These are chewy (but not tear out your teeth chewy), peanut-buttery, crispy (of course), and smooth. They're quite similar to my grandma's PB Cornflake Bars, and you can't go wrong with those! At first I thought, "There's no way 4 c. of cereal will be enough - they'll be way too gooey." Welp, I was wrong. It's the perfect amount, so don't be tempted to add more. They set up perfectly and the consistency is just right.

You can find the original recipe here. These would be fabulous with melted chocolate on top, too, but I left them as-is.

No-Bake Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Bars
1 c. light corn syrup
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. peanut butter
4 c. rice krispies cereal
1. Grease a 9x13 pan, or line with waxed paper and set aside.
2. Pour rice krispies in a large bowl and set aside.
3. Combine corn syrup and sugars in medium saucepan and stir. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
4. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Pour over rice krispies and stir until everything is thoroughly coated.
5. Pour into your prepared pan and press firmly with your spatula. Allow to cool before cutting.





Hugs and cookies,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment