Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pinterest Projects: Pamper Yourself

Do you ever have one of those mornings (or days) when you just need a little pampering? Happens to me on a fairly regular basis. A long, hot shower goes a long way to relaxing me, but usually Saturdays are the only day of the week that I can enjoy a shower because Dusty's home and I don't have to worry about the kids, and we're not in a rush to get out the door to church.

If you're having one of those mornings, I urge you to try this homemade sugar scrub. It's definitely up to scratch with the fancy ones you buy in the store for $15-$20, and odds are you probably have all the ingredients on hand. Can't get much better than that, right? You can find the original recipe here, as well as some other homemade beauty products (I haven't tried any of the others yet). She uses organic olive oil and raw honey, which you can certainly use, but I don't stock those on my shelves, so I used what I had.

This would also make a fantastic gift for a new mom, a friend, a teacher - anyone you'd like to make feel special and pampered. And, the great thing is that if you know the person, you might know what smells she likes and you can tailor it specifically for her! Personalization is key.



Body Scrub
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
1/8 c. honey
1/4-1/2 tsp. desired scent: vanilla extract, lemon juice, essential oil, ground coffee, cinnamon, clove, etc. (I also think if you used coconut extract and lime juice it would smell like the Coconut and Lime Breeze from Bath and Body Works - $14!) *I used vanilla because I love anything vanilla, but I might add some cinnamon to it, too . . .
Mix all ingredients together and store in a jar. Use it whenever you feel the need for a little (inexpensive) pampering.


I'd recommend storing it in a shallower container than the one I chose unless you have super long, skinny, alien-like fingers, or just keep something handy to scoop it out when you want to use it . . . It'll be hard for me to dig it out with my fingers once it gets toward the bottom!

If you make this, I'd love to know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment